Texas Continuing Education COURSE
The Code of Ethics: Good For Your Clients and Your Business
A solid ethical foundation is an essential part of your real estate practice. That’s why the National Association of REALTORS® asks its members to follow its Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Updated regularly, this Code was first adopted in 1913 and consists of 17 Articles along with supporting Standards of Practice.
The Code of Ethics: Good For Your Clients and Your Business course reviews each Article, highlighting pertinent changes, and offers takeaways you can apply to your day-to-day business dealings to ensure your ethical business practice is exemplary.
- Meets both regular ethics renewal requirements and new licensee ethics course requirements.
Course highlights include:
- History and evolution of the Code, the preamble, and the Code’s influence on state licensing laws
- Structure of the Code
- Review and application of the Code’s Articles and Standards of Practice
- Tips for applying the Code’s principles and guidelines to your practice
- Importance of ethical behavior in NAR members and non-members alike, fostering a spirit of cooperation
- Mediation and arbitration, with arbitration as the monetary dispute resolution process between REALTORS®
- Application of Article 17 of the NAR Code of Ethics to the complaints and hearing process
- Grievance committee vs. professional standards committee
- Activities and examples to illustrate the practical application of the new information and frame it in everyday context
*This course meets the REALTORS® Code of Ethics Training Requirement. You’ll need to confirm with your local REALTOR association if it will accept it.